Search the forum,

Discuss Fix Hollow Tiles - How to fix hollow tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
What options have you used when it comes to fixing hollow tiles?

Is there something you can inject at all? Perhaps when underfloor heating has been commissioned a little too early and only a few tiles have suffered?
Or would you just recommend a rip out and fresh start, just to be safe?

I

Ian

There is a resin that can be pumped in, there's a YouTube video IIRC. Have you lifted one to see why they sound hollow?

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I have not found any easily available resins in the uk although they are billable Finn Germany and holland. I think a call to Forbo Flooring or Eurocol (same company) might yield results. This is a topic I have discussed professionally for some time as it would save a huge amount of grief for customers who have anhydrite screed failures due to moisture or to poor prep or just plain ignorance....

Reply to Fix Hollow Tiles - How to fix hollow tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen