Search the forum,

Discuss First attempt at my own kitchen. in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M83T

TF
Reaction score
Thankyou so much for all of your positive replies it's a real confidence builder, I've got 2 more kitchens to do for some friends soon so hopefully my confidence and experience will grow.

M83T

TF
Reaction score
When doing the internal corners I scribed some and some I just butted them up so you don't get such a neat finish in the corners.
I did miter my external corners just to see if I could do it seeing as it was for myself, they are ok but I would not attempt to do it for anybody else, at least until I've practiced them a bit more.
Also I've got a little bit of addy poking through the grout but only in a couple of places.

O

Old Mod

Best way to deal with internals is not to grout and silicone instead.
It will give you a neater finish and in fact is ‘best practice’ it allows for any lateral movement in the walls.

M83T

TF
Reaction score
Best way to deal with internals is not to grout and silicone instead.
It will give you a neater finish and in fact is ‘best practice’ it allows for any lateral movement in the walls.
I did silicone the internals but using metros you can sometimes get triangles of silicone when you butt them up rather than scribe them, which doesn't look great.

O

Old Mod

If they’re siliconed, then I apologise, try a slightly larger bead then.
Or ask @Andy Allen :)

I must admit, metros we’re flat last time I fitted them. :p

Reply to First attempt at my own kitchen. in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen