Discuss favoured sealant for ply wood? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

spenny

putting down ply for kitchen floor, and just wondering everyones prefered choice of product for sealing the ply? Why and where you usually pick it up,and price range?

I usually avoid getting ady or grout from b and q like the plague, but was told by a joiner that they have the best, but i have forgotten the name!!!

G

grumpygrouter

Spenny, what you use to seal the ply would depend on your chosen addy - BAL for instance recommend BAL Bond SBR, and NOT to prime the tiling face, Ardex on the other hand say to use Polyurethane Varnish on the back and size and thenPRIME the tile surface with Ardex P51 primer and then tile with Ardexflex 7001.

Check what your chosen addy manufacturer recommends before piling straight in.

.....and your joiner would know all about TILING adhesives and grouts then would he.....

P

Perry

Spenny you listern to Grumps never a joiner hope his better with wood than his advice :pete :83:

S

spenny

shows you how much i pay attention to the info on bags of ady......i never realised it told you if you needed to prime or not!!
Cheers guys

Reply to favoured sealant for ply wood? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22