Search the forum,

Discuss ever told a customer you hate the tiles they picked? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
last summer i installed a bathroom for a great couple who have now decided to change most of there tiling. they spent a lot of money on there bathroom and were pleased with the workmanship but at the end of the job i was having a joke and said i hate the tiles i've fitted. 6 months later i got a call to tell me that i was right. and the tiles now make her feel sick. i'm gutted for the customer as i feel this wouldn't have happened if i'd kept my big mouth shut.
pictures below what do you think?
ps. the recess in the bath panel was my idea and think it really doesn't help matters.
any thought would be appreciated cheers...
Richard

IMG_7075.jpg IMG_7077.jpg IMG_7078.jpg IMG_7088.jpg IMG_7089.jpg IMG_7091.jpg IMG_7079.jpg

D

Dougs Third Go

I don't pick 'em, I just stick 'em!. Never told a customer that I don't like their tiles, the choice is out there and it's up to them what they choose imo. I've cringed sometimes when I've seen the tiles though:lol:

D

dave l and l

to be honest i think they are ok. far from disgusting. wouldnt be unhappy with a bathroom like that

J

jonnyc

looks preety good to me too. the quality of tiling helps. if mosaics fixed badly then could have changed overall look.

M

micko

The mosaics are a bit in your face for me, but everyone taste is different. Also not struck on the mix of colours in the mosaics. Could be bad if you had too much to drink.

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I always tell the customer that "I have, or my family has" them tiles.........being doing that for years.

Never told a customer that there tiles are orrible, although they often are.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I always tell the customer that "I have, or my family has" them tiles.........being doing that for years.

Never told a customer that there tiles are orrible, although they often are.

Sounds a bit like the QVC presenter that always has the product they are demonstrating!!!

I like the tiles and love the tiling. JOTM maybe?

A

Alan M

i think there is just too much of the mosaic.
its lovely as a feature strip but not as a whole wall

Reply to ever told a customer you hate the tiles they picked? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen