Search the forum,

Discuss Dural - Expansion joints ? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
This is correct.. but you'll find difference of opinions, i work for chartered architects and they all say different, i'm doing a church in newbury in September, and the architect states following expansion strips in line with the ones in the screed, with an 8mm expansion abutment at the perimeters, and then i'm working for an chartered architect in Kingston on a new build, and he states that ditra alleviates the need for expansion joints, note: they are both chartered ( which should mean the same standard )
rule of thumb: If there are expansion joints in the screed, follow then on the tile surface. full stop, if not, expansion on the tile surface only, will do nothing, or play safe and use expansion every 5m linear or through doorways with ditra. in a domestic instance, expansion joints look unsightly, in a commercial instance, it is a grey purchase, ie: its what has to be because the architect spec'd it.

I don't think it's a matter of opinion. The rules are laid out in various best practice guides including, including I believe, bs5385 ...

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Just bumping this thread. If it's not a current topic then don't worry about it for now. Other threads like this can be found in the main tiling forum. If you do want to reply to it, please do. Your information may add value to somebody reading the forum in the future.

Reply to Dural - Expansion joints ? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen