Search the forum,

Discuss Dura-wp wetroom shower tanking OFFER in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

wetdec

Dura-wp tanking is a versatile crack bridging / tanking membrane for level access showers, wetrooms and showers Developed to lie between your walls and your tiles, so creating a moisture proof barrier. Due to the polyethylene core the elasticity and waterproofing are ensured and a membrane is the only sure waterproof method for tanking. Gums and paint on membranes, because of their inconsistant aplication are not always 100% effective in the field and as many are coupled with non-flexible tapes etc are a difficult option to recomend.

The WP membrane is fixed to the existing walls of plaster board, existing plaster, ply etc using a thin layer of flexible tile adhesive or similar. The tiles are then fixed and grouted to this new surface as recommended. The matting is manufactured in Germany of a waterproof polyethylene core with 2 fleece surfaces. Adhesive bonds to the fleece creating a solid strong fix for tiles.

Thickness 0.15mm, Width : 1000mm, Length : 5/10/25 m.

The dura-wp matting can be used on walls and floors to bridge existing cracks before tiling over.

Heads Up

Flexible tape should be bedded in flexible adhesive at all transitions, in corners where there could be movement and to seal the wet room tray to walls. Pipe sealing collars and a collar for sealing a drain are included in the tanking kit.
Before installation, the durab-wp bridging mats are cut to the required dimensions. A flexible powdered tile adhesive is applied to the primed substrate by means of a 6mm serrated trowel. The mats is pressed, (using the smooth side of the serrated trowel), into the previously applied mortar so that it binds with the entire fleeced surface. Be sure to keep the trowel pressed down at an angle when moving it across the mat in order to prevent the formation of air pockets. All joints should be bonded by overlapping by roughly 50mm.
Tiles can then be immediately fixed directly on the membrane using a flexible adhesive following manufacturers directions.
The WP5 tanking kit option available is for a wall waterproofing membrane kit. This membrane is fixed off the roll over the walls in your shower area with flexible adhesive after priming if required. The kit includes:
  • Durabase WP membrane to waterproof 5 square meters of wall space.
  • A 5m roll of flexible corner tape to strengthen the internal corners
  • 2 flexible pipe gaskets to seal the shower pipes
  • 1 pre made flexible internal corner

The above WP 5 kit is on offer available through me at £85.00..............:thumbsup:

C

CJ CERAMICS

excellent price wetdec
can you tell me via pm what your delivery charges would be so that i know
to add to any quotes that i may need this system. also is this a long term offer
or for a limited period only.
thanks
chris

W

wetdec

Hi m8

It includes delivery anywhere in uk

This should give everyone the opotunity to use the best method of tanking and is priced keenly so you dont have to mess around with painting kits.

It will stand until I change my mind and can only be ordered through me using the address in the arms....................

:thumbsup:

J

jrm

Hello wetdec
I'm new here but have been reading through many posts as an unregistered user and you seem to know your stuff!

I'm installing a new showerbath in a few weeks and i'm interested in the Dura-wp kit you have on offer. Could you please tell me how I would use this kit to seal the bath against the wall? I'm guessing I would need to use the tape, is this correct? would I still be able to install a Homelux (or similar) sealing strip prior to fitting the tiles?

W

wetdec

Hi

Yes use a bath seal then overlap the wall edge with the duabase wp as it comes down the wall. This will seal the bath from leaking over its edge and water from penitrating through to your wall.

Hope this is of help

:thumbsup:

J

jrm

Great stuff, cheers!

I'm concerned that water will pass through the mitred join on the sealing strip (on the corner of the bath), because of this would it be good practice to silicone my bath to the plasterboard wall, prior to installing the sealing strip and durabase membrane?

W

wetdec

That would be good practice but ensuring your mitre it tight with adequate silicone m8

T

TiredGill

I would like to buy the 5mtr tanking / stress kit for wooden floors but I'm wondering if the reduced price is only for the pro's since only tradesmen can enter the arms?

D

doug boardley

if you give Tony (Wetdecs) a phone Gill, and say that Tilers Forums sent you, I'm sure you'll get the best price:thumbsup:

Reply to Dura-wp wetroom shower tanking OFFER in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen