Search the forum,

Discuss Dry cut with dw24000 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

Was having a thought today, is there any reason why the dewalt, or any other wet saw for that matter, can't be used without water? Surely with the right blade it would be possible. I'm not planning on doing it, the dust would be mental! Just thout with winter coming up and the water in the wet saws freezing on very cold days, would dry cutting be beneficial. What are your thoughts good people.

I

Ian

It probably would Doug, wasn't sure if they were water cooled or maybe if they could be removed for this purpose. I'm not going to break mine finding out, lol! Maybe sigma Derek will see this and tell us what might happen.

A

Aston

a lot of lads on site around liverpool use their wet saws dry. be careful though because the blade can over heat and shatter if its designed to run wet.

I

Ian

Just had a look on tradetiler and the marching ck850 can be used dry, didn't know that. Who wants to be a guinea pig and give it a go. If your saw breaks I'll delete the thread and deny all knowledge :lol:

D

Dougs Third Go

I don't think I'd like all the dust getting into a motor of a cutter that's designed to run wet.

A

Aston

arrrrrr ive just realised why you wan to do this bri???
its number 46 on you '50 things to do before I die list' ;0)

as douglas said, it might not be the good for your dewalts health or your lungs (possible sillica / dust and all that)

D

DHTiling

I run mine dry , no probs at all... and use it wet , just depends what i am cutting and where.

Reply to Dry cut with dw24000 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen