Search the forum,

Discuss Ditra matting or not. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

rj1884

Good evening. Just want to see what the general feeling is with regards to using ditra mat on new and old screeds. I know it's probably been answered a number of times on the forum. I would always recommend it especially with UFH. I even recommend it on old screeds but is it always necessary or am I going to far with wanting to use it on old existing screeds.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

R

rj1884

Of course I forgot that bit. I would definately want it for natural stone. I think the question is geared towards the use of ceramic or porcelain.

I

Ian

Soft stone is the only time I'd really insist on it (limestone, marble, travertine etc), a good quality adhesive and a solid bed fixing method should be more than ample with ceramic/porcelain.

I

Ian

Would this be even on new screed with UFH when using ceramics or porcelain

Yeah absolutely, some of the builders I work for would laugh in my face if I told them I needed a membrane with ceramics/porcelain! Theyd probably not let me do it with stone either, I've not had that scenario yet so I'll cross that bridge when I get to it!

R

rj1884

That's quite interesting as it could be the difference from winning or not winning the job. I've read many post saying that tilers would always always use ditra on new screed with Wet UFH for all types of tiles.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I used Ditra a couple of years ago on a kitchen floor that had a crack in it and I was fixing Porcelain. Customer was happy to pay for it and I just wanted to be doubly sure, only time I've used it when it wasn't natural.

IMG_0200.jpg IMG_0203.jpg IMG_0290.jpg

W

White Room

I found on old screeds any movement/cracking has taken place and usually well settled...but any warm areas as in conservatory's would require ditra.

Reply to Ditra matting or not. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen