Currently reading:
Decoupling membrane

Discuss Decoupling membrane in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

L

Leory

Y
Not essential but i would. If you need to lift a tile to adjust the bed, it's far better if the mat is stuck down well!
Anhydrite floor? Sanded and vac'd? Moisture levels checked?

Yes anhydrite floor . Moisture levels checked with tramex in the room I'm starting in the levels were .8 in some areas where the screed was a bit thicker . Chose to use anhyfix in this room as tile masters said I could if the level was no more than 1 . Fingers crossed !

Sor
Yes anhydrite floor . Moisture levels checked with tramex in the room I'm starting in the levels were .8 in some areas where the screed was a bit thicker . Chose to use anhyfix in this room as tile masters said I could if the level was no more than 1 . Fingers crossed !

Sorry didn't answer some of your questions . I ground the floor with a diamond grinder and removed all laitance will Hoover again tomorrow before priming .

Last edited by a moderator:

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
they are a good survey tool as they give you an indication of where the screed is wettest but are not accurate enough to give a proper reading and as we are dealing with very low moisture contents the inaccruacies are multiplied. a properly calibrated hygrometer used corredtly or better still a carbide bomb is the right tool.

L

Leory

Ok . Thankyou .
The screed has been laid 110days .
Didn't grind off laitance till plasterers
Had finished . Made them mix up outside . Underfloor has been on for 4 weeks . I am going to get started today using the anhyfix to bed the dura may .
On the other rooms where the screed is only 50mm thick and reading .2 on the tramex I am hoping to use cement adhesive after 3 coats of
Acrylic primer . Underfloor been off for over 48 hours

Reply to Decoupling membrane in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have a customer who lives in a 200 year old property. The lounge floor he wants tiled which is very thick concrete. He wants electric underfloor heating but I'm concerned he'll lose too much...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
Further to my other post re our hollow tiles issue It looks like our tiler has dot and dabbed most of our floor to accommodate tiling 800x800 porcelain over an uneven floor. The gap from defrac...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to achieve a low floor build up including wet UFH over a new suspended timber floor in our barn conversion. The area is large, 21m x 8m. Having spoken to various UFH suppliers I...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement