Search the forum,

Discuss Damp from flat above - discoloured tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

HelpPlease

Hi everyone,
I am new to the forum and looking for some advice about damp and discolouration behind the tiling in my bathroom.
I live in a block of flats and my neighbour above had a very bad leak leading to water leaking into my bathroom. It consisted of a drip and most of it ran into the bath.
Because this is a shower bath I know the tiler used a special waterproof glue, and I think grout when he put the tiles in - and I have noticed a slight discolouration in the tiles from beige to dark beige. I have access to the wall behind the bathroom which is a drying room, and also had damp, which I have dried out with a heater for a couple of days.
Will those tiles ever return to normal - I really would hate to have to strip the wall - or do I have to face the inevitable. I do have spare tiles.

Help please!!!!

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
hi could you explain it a bit clearer please.....are you saying your neighbour had a leak and you had damage so you had a tiler come in and repair the work?

this other room which also had damp? was that a leak also?

pics would also possobly help if possible? cheers

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
pics please , is does sound like water has got behind the tiles hence the reason for colour change , what substrate were the walls

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
i would get your neighbours insurance involved,first find out if this has been caused by dampness from another flats leak.

if so i would go the insurance route

R

Rich

As above, a little more info would help us give better advice. What type of tiles are they? And pics would be a great help.

Reply to Damp from flat above - discoloured tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen