Search the forum,

Discuss Cutting Plinths & Doors. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
Re: Cutting Plyths & Doors.

Bunch of clowns! The correct answers are, No I don't cut down doors and plinths as part of my price as I don't own a saw, yes I take my rubbish away (that's what lay-bys are for) and Rubi ;)

What lay-bys are for chucking your rubi in..? :lol:

And no I dont cut doors and plinths.
Im a TILER not a bloody multi trader..:lol:

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester

Why would you be expected to plain doors and plinths?......so a chippy fits a kitchen and hes expected to tile it ? A plasterer plasters a wall so the customer expects him to tile it ?
Im a tiler. I tile.....could I do it ..yes I could. But im busy enough tiling so I leave it to the relevent trades. .

And the client is told this when quoting so its there choice......up to now most customers already say the kitchen fitter has arranged to come back when the tilings done to sort out the plinths..

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester

Yes, most of the time he could. Q: do you ply your own floors, sheet your walls if required, remove old floor boards or reinforce old joists? Or build stud wall...Or do you just tile?

Yes I prep jobs ..... but if someones just had a 10 grand kitchen fitted I aint plaining bits off it lol..

T

Time's Ran Out

Why leave yourself open to more reasons for them not to pay you!
As Andy said damage a plinth on a £10k kitchen, it could be £800 from BQ without the plastic cover trim or a £35k hand painted one; in which case they would let you near a saw ( even at £29.99 ). And have you seen the cost of some of these doors?
For me I'd charge for any joinery preparation work that's going to be covered by tiling, but 2nd/ finishing joinery is done by others.

Reply to Cutting Plinths & Doors. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All - I am searching for Todagres Aral Beige Pulido tile (large format - 32"x32"/ 120cm x 120cm). Unfortunately, the tile was discontinued over the past few months and I need ~200sqft (~20-25...
Replies
Views
Landsteph
L
  • Question
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement