Search the forum,

Discuss Cutting down unglazed porcelain tiles of assorted sizes to 20mm x 20mm in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

makemosaictrace

I have a job to restore damaged sections of a very old mosaic floor (circa 1909) and will need to cut down material of various sizes/thicknesses to create the 20mm x 20mm and 20mm x 10mm material that I need to work with. This is because I have sourced unglazed porcelain from various ranges in order to get the best match for the colours in the mosaic.

Before I invest in a wet saw or diamond blade mini band saw, does anybody have any other useful suggestions?

As I'm sure you all know, the unglazed porcelain is very hard to cut but I also need to work at this very small size.

Reply to Cutting down unglazed porcelain tiles of assorted sizes to 20mm x 20mm in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views

Advertisement