Search the forum,

Discuss customers in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

davy_G

Had a call today from a chap i quoted for before. Last year he called up looking for a price over the phone for tiling his new conservatory. I wouldnt give him one, as he was putting down rectified 600x600's, with out seeing it. So I went and had a good look and to be fair the finish screed was really flat and level, impressive work indeed. I explained why this was important to a good finish and priced it at 20 odd a m2. He was surprised at the high price and asked if it was the best i could do. It was and i left it with him....didnt expect to hear from him and didnt ......till today.

Well he only wanted a quote for his kitchen!! Same tile and bond continued through after he did the conservatory himself. I told him i was way too busy and to self level (old tiles are to be lifted first) and do it himself as he reckons he made such a good job of the conservatory. He said he didnt have the time and wanted a pro to do it quickly. So i passed on another tilers name as to be honest i couldnt be bothered with him.

Thought he had a nerve calling me, maybe i should have priced it but i know my mate is way more expensive than me and it will shock the hell out of him! hehe

G

graham31

he'll learn the hard way.When will customers realise that tilers have a living to make?

M

monty

He said he didnt have the time and wanted a pro to do it quickly. So i passed on another tilers name as to be honest i couldnt be bothered with him.

Thought he had a nerve calling me, maybe i should have priced it but i know my mate is way more expensive than me and it will shock the hell out of him! hehe

More like he struggled like a T**T and realised it wasn't a bad price after all....:furious3:

Reply to customers in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello all, I need some advice please. I recently had a contractor in to remodel my bathroom...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hey there Firstly thanks in advance for any replies or comments. I've got a tiler in atm who...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I’ve been trying to seek advice on whether the recently finished tiling/grouting in my...
Replies
Views
Grouting my shower walls in a few days. I tried to do everything by the book, which I did. Water...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen