Search the forum,

Discuss CTD Vs Topps Vs Others in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tysfoot

Hi, Im going to topps tomorrow to pick up some supplies and hopefully i can use my trade account for the first time and ive heard the discount is good.

Im just open to offers at this moment and ive heard about CTD, does this company to trade accounts for materials and if so what are the prices like .

If there any other people that use other shops or prefer topps or CTD let me know what you think so i can get a good idea

CTD's brochure looks really good quality

F

Fred

Topps and CTD in my area ( Surrey) are probably on par as prices are concerned. Use them, it is a good price, but when passing other tile shops, pop in, have a chat, as I've done that over the years, and now I can get Mapai white flexi rapid at £14 for a 20kg bag!

G

GazTech

CTD as with Topps have a very good reputation....a worthy opponent you may say....Topps will price match the same goods and beat it by 5% against a genuine quote.As a tiler you will be,you will choose to buy something from one and another from the other...this depends on your style and custom base...I will help where and when I can....Gaz

F

Fred

CTD as with Topps have a very good reputation....a worthy opponent you may say....Topps will price match the same goods and beat it by 5% against a genuine quote.As a tiler you will be,you will choose to buy something from one and another from the other...this depends on your style and custom base...I will help where and when I can....Gaz

Got to say Gaz, Topps where I live have never done that for me, BUT CTD has!

T

tysfoot

Cheers, well am off tomoorow to get a few tubs from topps tomoz with my trade account, see what discounts i can get, i might have a ride up to CTD cos ther showroom looks really nice.

Can you get trade accounts from CTD.

G

GazTech

Got to say Gaz, Topps where I live have never done that for me, BUT CTD has!
It is company policy Fred ..excercise your right and insist on it.....get them into price war...only 1 winner I think....Gaz
:41:

F

Fred

Thanks for that Gaz. Since they've stopped the display board with our cards at my Topps, it seems to be filled with Polish and Hungarian builders! Funny that, their all Polish running the shop. Have not had a job from there in 6 months any way.

T

tysfoot

I also need a decent hole cutter for ceramics and porcelin tiles, there are many ones on the market but im looking for budget ones that last, what do you recommend. i seen one in topps that positions the cutter to the tile then the diamonds hole cutters sold sepertly

Im just buying epqipment as i get more jobs, ive nearly got everything but most of the time i buy junk i think will be a good idea to use that i dont end up touching.

I bought an amazing 360 degree laser stand by black and decker other week, what an investment that was

Reply to CTD Vs Topps Vs Others in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen