Search the forum,

Discuss CTD trade prices in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Can anyone post a list of Ctd trade prices.

Not got one near me, and I'm sniffing about for better prices. Can't actually see much on the website?

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Is there anything specific you're after? I spend quite a bit with CTD and to be honest I treat every sale like they are a beach vendor on holiday and haggle the price down regardless of whether I'm spending £10 or £1000!!!
It would be worth ringing your nearest branch and giving them your details so they can send you their quarterly deals

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Phoned my local. (Tilebase in my area) Spoke to the manager. Very helpful guy. They chop and change the prices so often they can't send me a trade/retail price list of all the addy/grouts as they stock too much.

They are 40mins away, and I will have to pop in and see wot trade prices I can get.

I'm only looking at other suppliers for prices. Only have Topps local to me, and although I get full trade discounts........I'm always looking for cheaper. :thumbsup:

- - - Updated - - -

Is there anything specific you're after? I spend quite a bit with CTD and to be honest I treat every sale like they are a beach vendor on holiday and haggle the price down regardless of whether I'm spending £10 or £1000!!!
It would be worth ringing your nearest branch and giving them your details so they can send you their quarterly deals

Nothing specific Pete.......just looking for better deals/prices.

Reaction score
Q for you guys.........if CT# (sorry, can't same name) change their prices so erratically why do you use them?

Ok, heres a scenario.........say your quoting mrs smiths 40m2 extension. You know the price *** are charging you today, so you put your price in.

Mrs smith gets back to you two/three months later.........you've got the gig :) happy days.

You pop along to *** to get your sticky...........oh it's gone up........you'd priced at last months offer price........so your out of pocket :(

What am I getting at? Use a supplier who offers you great/good prices that you can RELY on.

G

Gazzer

I have had the same issue with a building company I do lots of commercial work for. Fairly cheap Ivory 6" tiles but the prices vary and have a habit of being unobtainable at times and even obsolete. The Company I work for has my fixed rate , I can hardly keep changing the prices every 5 minutes so I have a built in saftey margin.

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
It will be worth a visit mate, try and find out when they've got trade days on as there's really good deals to be had. There was one at my local branch today, Weber set rapid SPF only £4.99 +VAT!!!! max 10 per customer so I went back with my mate and got another 10!! Buy 4 get one free on all other weber powder adhesives! I still managed to blag a free gorilla tub too!

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Q for you guys.........if CT# (sorry, can't same name) change their prices so erratically why do you use them?

Ok, heres a scenario.........say your quoting mrs smiths 40m2 extension. You know the price *** are charging you today, so you put your price in.

Mrs smith gets back to you two/three months later.........you've got the gig :) happy days.

You pop along to *** to get your sticky...........oh it's gone up........you'd priced at last months offer price........so your out of pocket :(

What am I getting at? Use a supplier who offers you great/good prices that you can RELY on.

I'd say that any tiler who includes a discounted adhesive price in their quote is asking for trouble. Surely everyone has a standard price they charge for adhesive and any saving you get goes in your own pocket not the customers??

Reaction score
I think we all know on average what the price is for our favourite bags of whatever... So if the price went up a couple of pounds, I doubt it'd make you want to cancel a job, same goes tho, you can turn up 1 day and something might be on offer and save you a few bob

Reply to CTD trade prices in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
  • Article
123 Year Old Johnson Tiles Factory to Close Down Causing 110 Job Losses 123 Year Old Johnson...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen