Search the forum,

Discuss Crazing of ceramic tiles? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

K

keith1960

Hi. I’m just done a job using metro white wall tiles from bathstore. Had a issue with the cutting of the tiles and chipping. Complained to bathstore and got some free replacements. Had to remove a lot of tiles and re trim. Just grouting the new tiles in and on some of the original tiles you can see hairline crazing in the glaze. Wasn’t there before but it won’t clean off with residue remover or polish.
Used powdered adhesive slow set and mapie black grout the wall in question was dot and dabbed plasterboard the whole wall and the tiles are in the window , not on shower area. Any ideas please

B813975E-0FED-4AE1-B352-61D733B755D0.jpeg 50742F47-E01D-4D80-B133-0F1CBA918705.jpeg 0BC101F3-C74C-41EF-B130-39BD982A425E.jpeg

O

One Day

Sorry for the disappointment, but this perfectly highlights why I (and probably everyone else on here) won't use black grout with glazed ceramics like metros.
The black dye has found every nook and cranny in the glaze and they're now stuck that way.
You could have used a quality sealer BEFORE grouting, but even then it's risky.

T

Time's Ran Out

I class a Metro tile as having a chamfered edge and brick shape.
What I see is a brick shaped tile that has a crackle glaze.
All tiles suggest a trial before using black grout and your result highlights one issue!

Reply to Crazing of ceramic tiles? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen