Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Cleaning polymers from Original Style geometric Victorian floor tiles in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

P

pjholybloke

Hi all,

I've just fitted out a victorian style bathroom with tiles from Original Style, it's a simple cream and black 4 inch checkerboard with black and cream pencil border.

I've spent the best part of the day trying to clean "grout residue" from the black tiles with an acid/detergent-based cleaner with no luck.

There is still a very faint spread of tiny light specks in the centre of a number of tiles. I spoke with Original Style's tech department and the first thing they told me was that they should have been sealed prior to grouting, apparently the tile studio passed this information to the customer (who supplied their own tiles) but neither the information nor a suitable sealer was offered to me.

Original Style then asked if I'd used a modified polymer grout, which I had - Bal Microban - and they said the residue was likely to be the polymers as opposed to "cement" and that there were a couple of products I could try.

The question is, does anyone have any firsthand experience of this or should I just go straight to Bal and ask them?

Many thanks in advance for any assistance.

P

pjholybloke

Hi, as a follow up I spoke with Bal tech-support today and they suggested I call Lithofin or HG and ask them if they've got anything to remove plastic... thanks for that then Bal. :mad2:

D

DHTiling

I believe Nitromors works ok.. but do test in an inconspicuous area first .. LTP Solvex might work as well..

Reply to Cleaning polymers from Original Style geometric Victorian floor tiles in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks