Discuss Cheapest and the best in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

tysfoot

Hi, whats the cheapest and the best tile adhesive and grout out there and from which shops,

Are places like B&Q, focus and wickes s**t for supplies

B

brian c

HI TYSFOOT m8,you should go into your local tile stores and explain that you are a new tiler and wish to purchase materials from them in the future.I am sure all of them will give you a good discount once you start to use them.Best to stay away from DIY shops as they tend to be very expensive and some products like adhesive is not as good as the adhesives you will get from the tile shops.Hope this helps.

P

Perry

try the small tile shops first as the big ones can sometimes 60% higher to start with

T

tysfoot

I need to buy a washboy but a good one, im doing a big job in the next few days and i cant really wait to get one from a website, do shops sell good washboys

U

uug197h

If you can nip over to bradford (30min drive) then there is Yorkshire tiling tools you will get every thing tou want inc washboy and adhesive

P

Perry

[DLMURL="http://www.ctdtiles.co.uk/about-us.aspx"]Ceramic Tile Distributors[/DLMURL] this may help sorry i am in bucks

Last edited by a moderator:
G

GazLC81

You can't go wrong with BAL but it certainly ain't the cheapest. I have started to use granfix on some jobs and really like the tub gear. Although I am told the grout is a no no as it can discolour.......

Wouldn't touch stuff from B&Q etc personally...

B

bencurtis

anyone used everbuild adh, i hav got to go back to sort a problem having used that:furious3:

T

TheWrightTiler

use dunlop and granfix, good rates

neil at buy brand tools sells washboys mate

andy

Reply to Cheapest and the best in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks