Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss can porceline be nipped. in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Can porceline be nipped if going round toiletes etc on floors. or is there diferent grades.

OP
C

Concept PHT

Absolutley - wip that pan out!! Nipping porcelain is a very dodgy area to get tight cuts and normally turns into a nightmare.

To get some training on how to fit/remove basic sanitaryware, try attending one of those 1 week plumbing courses. Just the job.

OP
C

Concept PHT

Lol - I havent done one of those plumbing courses, but I know the course content is just what is needed for the removal/installation of sanitaryware.

I am half way through my City & Guilds MES (plumbing) though..... ;)

OP
T

tjsmiler

Alright show off.... don't worry mate i'll catch you up.... i got the OLCI plumbing course to get through, it's a home study thing with 1 day training sessions every so often..... you herd of em.

They reckon you can do it it in 12 months but it will prob take me 12 years lol

OP
C

Concept PHT

I have heard of them - costs about ÂŁ9000 to get qualified doesn't it?

OP
T

tjsmiler

I hope not mate!!! i paid 550 quid for the course notes and i basically have to study them at home and then when i think i am ready i ket them know and then a date is booked for me to attend an assesment, if i pass this i am then given the next set of notes etc etc.

The trouble is i bought it 2 years ago :eek: and just aint got around to starting it (well you can probably tell by my spelling that me and studying have never been the best of friends lol) i was hoping i could do it when i was still a scaffolder but i was always working, too tired or out with the boys...any excuse not to start really mate!

But now i seem to be doing well at this and i have just partnered up with my PTS training instructor who has been tile 25 years i feel a lot more confident so i'm gonna bang into it, more just to learn rather than get the qualifacations.

Me and exams.....i don't think so unfortunatley, they always seem to beat me!

Cheers mate

Toby

What is it with me and long replies?

OP
C

Concept PHT

OLCI is very pricey mate - seriously, you are looking at about 4 grand. I paid ÂŁ550 for me to go to college to get my C&G in Plumbing. And I may even be getting that back too.

OP
T

tjsmiler

Cheers mate, i have only ever given them ÂŁ550 and that was 2 years ago anyway so i will just study what i have got from them already and then forget about it. It will still probably come in useful even if i don't go on to get a qualifaction from it.

Toby

OP
C

cartersmiff

What about if the pipes wont connect back up with a tile underneath because of the height difference? Do you fit new ones?

Reply to can porceline be nipped. in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock