Search the forum,

Discuss Calling all Traffic, viviro, primaster owners. in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I've been having problems with my van gear linkage, basically the the gear linkage kept popping off the ball socket, leaving me unable to select any gears, quite scary if it suddenly decided to happen at a busy junction !!

it's a common problem with these types of van due to the ball being made of metal, and the socket plastic, and it's the plastic bit that wares out causing it to keep popping off.

The garage wanted nearly £200 to replace the cable....

After doing some research I found this online...
IMG_20180319_170625.png

Works a treat, takes less than a minute to fit, and only cost a tenner...!!

I know these vans are popular, So if you have to same issues, don't get stuckered in to paying for a new cable.

D

Dumbo

I've been having problems with my van gear linkage, basically the the gear linkage kept popping off the ball socket, leaving me unable to select any gears, quite scary if it suddenly decided to happen at a busy junction !!

it's a common problem with these types of van due to the ball being made of metal, and the socket plastic, and it's the plastic bit that wares out causing it to keep popping off.

The garage wanted nearly £200 to replace the cable....

After doing some research I found this online...
View attachment 97580

Works a treat, takes less than a minute to fit, and only cost a tenner...!!

I know these vans are popular, So if you have to same issues, don't get stuckered in to paying for a new cable.
How many miles had your van done before this happened

Reply to Calling all Traffic, viviro, primaster owners. in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen