Search the forum,

Discuss Brick Bond in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bluemoon

HI lads,just done a bathroom in Metropolitan tile[200x100mm],layed in a brick bond.Which way do you experienced lads find best to do this type of bond.I have done a fair bit of brick bond lately but whichever way i choose to set out i seem really slow.I have tried laying 3 or 4 courses and doing end cuts as i go along,but i was wondering if it would be any quicker by starting at 1 end and working my way across.cheers

D

DHTiling

no quick way really, just centralise any obvious area's i.e. cooker /window area's and take your time as long as the jobs good dont worry, you will pick speed up as you get more experianced

B

bluemoon

Cheers 4 that Dave,jobs always look good and customers are always pleased but i just wish i could pick up more speed.

D

DHTiling

brickbond is a slow tedious pattern anyway, but you will get faster trust me..lol... dave..

B

BrhTiling

Experience with brickbond is the best way to get quicker... IMO anyway. Just make sure you lay it out well and use your level to make sure they stay in line all the way up/down the wall.

Reply to Brick Bond in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen