Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Bought Tiles That Were Too Big! in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

K

Kate Gooch

We're tiling a small bathroom, and I bought some tiles online, but they are quite a lot too big. I am wondering whether they can be cut to a smaller size before laying them (eg. cut into quarters). They don't have any bevelled edges etc, so it seems like it might be doable. The alternative is to return them at quite a substantial cost of courier etc.

These are the tiles....Polished Antique White 60x60 Tiles | Walls and Floors

Any advice would be fantastic!

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
From my experience it never works unless you can re-finish the edges the same as the manufacturer edge. .

T

Tile Shop

How big is the area you're covering?

Exact measurements would be good as they are also available in 60x30.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Tile Shop

Kate,

I work at Walls And Floors and i think i've found your order. Please can you send me a private message with your order number.

We have some other smaller alternatives that i can suggest if you want. We could do a collection and redelivery and i also have ways and means of making any associated company restocking charges disappear.

J

Just Rizzle

y do people buy crap off the inter net they get what they deserve .go to your local supplier youll get a far better service
went to price a job this week guy paid 12[pound a meter for some dross stone
I walked a way when I said I don't polish terds

T

Tile Shop

y do people buy crap off the inter net they get what they deserve .go to your local supplier youll get a far better service
went to price a job this week guy paid 12[pound a meter for some dross stone
I walked a way when I said I don't polish terds

Scuse me???? Where the heck did that come from? Not very appropriate, certainly not helpful...... if you have something to say about our company and the products we supply, feel free to PM me and i'll set you straight on a few things.

In the meantime, not a good advert for the forum is it when new members ask for help and you pipe up with mis-informed comments about companies and products you haven't got a clue about.

K

Kate Gooch

Kate,

I work at Walls And Floors and i think i've found your order. Please can you send me a private message with your order number.

We have some other smaller alternatives that i can suggest if you want. We could do a collection and redelivery and i also have ways and means of making any associated company restocking charges disappear.
hi Pete, sounds like a great suggestion. I have an email from someone called Christie Prentice there. I will ask her whether she would arrange this if I swapped for the 300x300.

T

Tile Shop

hi Pete, sounds like a great suggestion. I have an email from someone called Christie Prentice there. I will ask her whether she would arrange this if I swapped for the 300x300.

Unfortunately she wouldn't be able too. But if you can send me a private message with you order details, i will contact you on monday to discuss :)

K

Kate Gooch

thank you for your advice on exchanging the 600mm x 600mm for the smaller tiles. My order number is 1181231, and it was just 3.2 sqm of the polished antique white tile. If you could look up my details from the order when you are in the office, and come back to me from your work email on the email I ordered from, that would help me to ensure that I'm talking to the right person! Much appreciated.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I've just finished a 40m2 floor in Lydney (don't know if I've mention it before) ;)
Customer told me tiles were from walls and floors £8:95 m2 so I thought they were going to be crap...
Have to admit I was quite surprised although not my taste the tile was easy to fit, calibration was good and all box's from the same batch.
Screenshot_2016-01-16-11-59-55.png

Imo you have to get used to fixing all types of tiles, of varying quality, it's what makes a good tiler..;)

Reply to Bought Tiles That Were Too Big! in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks