Discuss Black Limestone Patio Issues in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

JamieB69

I hired a contractor to lay me a new patio using black limestone (that I provided from his preferred supplier).

The work was completed approx 2 weeks ago and payment was made. At the time he finished I made reference to the fact that the patio was dirty and needed a clean, but was told to leave it a couple of weeks before cleaning.

This weekend I have attempted to clean the patio, and have found that the contractor has in fact stained the limestone with the residue mortar that wasn't cleaned off as he went when he did the pointing. There are also various cement blobs and mortar marks in the middle of some the slabs which haven't washed off. The pointing also needs re-doing already. I have asked him to come back and clean up the mess that is now left. I am now aware of products to clean the patio (LTP) but at around £55 for 5L I'm not willing to foot the bill for what I consider poor workmanship in laying it in the first place.

Am I right to go after him to put this right?

So far he hasn't responded to calls/text (we also have another grievance with another seperate part of the job he did), I am going to put in it writing and hand deliver it tonight.

Your thoughts appreciated!

Thanks.

J

JamieB69

So far he is ignoring any contact. I will upload a few pics and the patio dimensions this evening so if anyone could give me a ballpark figure for a professional to put this right it would be much appreciated.

T

Time's Ran Out

You are of course assuming that it can be put right!
Unless they were sealed prior to pointing you may have been left with a job that will never match your expectations.

W

White Room

So far he is ignoring any contact. I will upload a few pics and the patio dimensions this evening so if anyone could give me a ballpark figure for a professional to put this right it would be much appreciated.

No pricing the in the open forum but members can Private Message you with any pricing required.

J

JamieB69

Ok so the affected area is approx 16m2. However i cant seem to upload images or urls to my posts?

J

JamieB69

Says the file size has been exceeded even though ive redized the images accordingly.

J

J Sid

Bri, I'm on 3 of these forums and all most impossible to upload pic on all of them if you windows phone 8 or windows 8.1 computer.

I

Ian

Bri, I'm on 3 of these forums and all most impossible to upload pic on all of them if you windows phone 8 or windows 8.1 computer.

I've never ha a problem with pics, I either do it through the browser on iPad or use Tapatalk. Very rare I use a laptop these days. Are you using a laptop/PC?

J

J Sid

Trying on windows 8 phone, windows 8.1 tablet and windows 8.1 laptop. And crap a talk on phone. None will work. Hope this doesn't turn into a Rubi / sigma - iPhone / android / windows phone debate.......

T

Time's Ran Out

You can have a look at other threads under the history search section which may give you some answers to other previous issues with this product.
They are usually associated with a lack of product knowledge and as previously stated non sealing.
You will have to pursue contact with your contractor to resolve this product and only if he is reputable will you stand any chance of recourse.
Was the contractor a builder, landscaper, or tiler and who supplied the product?

T

Time's Ran Out

Trying on windows 8 phone, windows 8.1 tablet and windows 8.1 laptop. And crap a talk on phone. None will work. Hope this doesn't turn into a Rubi / sigma - iPhone / android / windows phone debate.......

Did you press the wrong post ?

Reply to Black Limestone Patio Issues in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay