Search the forum,

Discuss Black limestone indoors in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
As above ^^^ , still waiting for my post to be approved . Each stone has to be taken at face value and treated accordingly.

Thickness definatly is a consideration , and I totally agree that each stone should be delt with and treated accordingly , difficult in cases where we are now dealing with hundereds of different stains of natural stone. Certainly In cases where we have sandstone , granites , limestone which are not geogically these stone but are being sold as them . So installations can be tricky at times, correct guidance from the supplier I suppose is key, but not always available .

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Subscribed
Reaction score
So true bob , some stones are sold without any advice given to the customer etc.

back to the OP , Fila chem now sell a product to coat the back of stone tiles to prevent moisture migration/staining bleeding through.
Not tried it myself yet but worth thinking about.

if it is Basalt , then deffo use a rapid setting adhesive suitable for stone .

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
So true bob , some stones are sold without any advice given to the customer etc.

back to the OP , Fila chem now sell a product to coat the back of stone tiles to prevent moisture migration/staining bleeding through.
Not tried it myself yet but worth thinking about.

if it is Basalt , then deffo use a rapid setting adhesive suitable for stone .

Cheers David , I will have a word with Lisa ,Martin ( fila) , get some more info and test. This product may be more of the suitable primer rather than the guys using an general impregnator to block , which I spoke about above.

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
It was mentioned to me by ex Fila guy Mark ruthern .. This is the product bob >> http://www.filasolutions.com/en/products/natural-stone/protectors/stain-protectors/filapw10.html

Thanks David , yes know mark well, have read product sheet , looks good for stopping migrating contaminants oxides, efflo.

But the conversation is moisture related on pre-sealed , this is a breathable product and will still release moisture due to hydrostatic pressure which will push through / possibly get trapped and still could be an issue with pre- sealed products.

If the project was not pre sealed, there may be no issue. Thanks again for link i will again be interest to look/ test into this . Bob

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Subscribed
Reaction score
Ye it was just mentioned that it would help ingress as well but having not tried it , then I can't comment on that side of it 100%.

let us know your thoughts if you test it out.

M

m3fitter

my advice.... allow all stone tiles to be in the property 2-3 days minimum before installation, to check viable shade / compatibility, wash stone before sealing liberally, taking the joint gaps into consideration, until the pourosity is greatly reduced after installation, just be careful when you install the stone, with sponge and bucket.. allow grout to fully cure before washing, and drying before sealing again, do it all with care and pride.

Reply to Black limestone indoors in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen