Discuss Best Blade For Grinder in the Tiling Tools | Tile Tools - Tile Installing Tools area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

MW Smith Ceramics

I'm not a fan of the Marcrist ck850 blades.
For a quarter of the price get yourself a continuous rim from ATS or a turbo blade from them.
Hi Stef I have just been on the ATS site looking at blades for my angle grinder.....they just seem so cheap.......do they actually last?......seems abit too good to be true at that price and with such positive feedback on the forum

J

J Sid

Hi Stef I have just been on the ATS site looking at blades for my angle grinder.....they just seem so cheap.......do they actually last?......seems abit too good to be true at that price and with such positive feedback on the forum
they last very well, I have been using them for may years with no complaints

C

Concrete guy

Been using these recently........cheap as, and cut very well. Don't last an age if continual porcelain use, but do cut well.

Vacuum Brazed Diamond Continuous Rim Blade | ATS Diamond Tools

The VB Blades are predominantly designed for friable material, like filled travertine, Emperador marble, Crema marfil that kind of thing.

The cutting action is different to a normal sintered blade and they "file" rather than cut. The action is very smooth so it doesn't stress stone that tends to fracture during cutting. Perfect for marble, limestone trav etc.

To be honest I'm surprised it deals will with porcelain, I can't imagine it lasts long.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Concrete guy

We manufacture them and sell them to end users direct. Many of our blades come from the same production lines as a lot of very well know big branded diamond blades.

We don't resell them to retailers just straight to end users without all the mark ups. (excluding two very large PLC customers in the UK one of whom we brand the blade and the other we don't).

Our prices are the real prices of diamond blades with only an importer margin.

We do suffer though from people assuming they can't be any good as they are too cheap.

If it make you feel any better we have two PLC customers in the UK who spend circa £300,000 a year with us just on blades. One for cutting granite and two types for cutting quartz.

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
The VB Blades are predominantly designed for friable material, like filled travertine, Emperador marble, Crema marfil that kind of thing.

The cutting action is different to a normal sintered blade and they "file" rather than cut. The action is very smooth so it doesn't stress stone that tends to fracture during cutting. Perfect for marble, limestone trav etc.

To be honest I'm surprised it deals will with porcelain, I can't imagine it lasts long.

It cuts porcelain cleanly, and without chipping......but doesn't last long as you say. It was in my grinder, and I didn't have many cuts to do.

Need to place another order very soon.

Reply to Best Blade For Grinder in the Tiling Tools | Tile Tools - Tile Installing Tools area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks