Search the forum,

Discuss Bal White Star Or Cement Based Adh? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

On one

As above which type of adhesive would you suggest for fitting some Fired Earth Malacassa glacier brick glass tiles above an Aga?
From a heat resistant point of view and from a fitting point of view(I guess these tiles will be 6mm paper faced opaque glass and quite brittle and won't be able to go at it like a bull in a china shop)????

S

StevieBoy

Topps do a heat resistant adhesive that comes in a tub, two bags of powder inside and you just mix it with water.
I did a fireplace a couple of weeks ago where a log burner was to be fitted, not bad to work with but don't mix loads up at once as it is a rapid set.

Don't know if anyone else on here has used it - but it says it's resistant to 200c so we will see.

O

On one

Right,so cement it is then.
I just thought with the tiles being fragile it might have been easier to ease them back into White Star than a cement based adh.

O

Old Mod

Right,so cement it is then.
I just thought with the tiles being fragile it might have been easier to ease them back into White Star than a cement based adh.
Just make sure if they're translucent at all to use white adhesive,
Bal's Max Flex Fibre is a good mosaic adhesive

Reply to Bal White Star Or Cement Based Adh? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen