Discuss BAL single part fast flex in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

tweakyboy

Hi guys,

I've got the above adhesive for my floor in my bathroom which is chipboard > 6mm NMP > ditra > 12mm travertine.

I was just wondering if it would be ok to use the above adhesive on the walls in the shower area which is 12mm hardie > APD primer > WP1 > 12mm travertine again?

If not would I just be better using BAL supercover rapid set?

Thanks guys, hope you all have a good christmas :thumbsup:

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
as above i would use a white spf, i would be carefull using a dark adhesive on the floor it may show through the tiles making them look like they have shadows on them, i would make sure the floor is deflection free and use a white spf...

T

tweakyboy

Cheers guys, the single part fast flex is in white for the floors so staining shouldn't be a problem. Will just have to pick up a could backs of white SPF for walls.

Have a good christmas, will post pics just after!

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Cheers guys, the single part fast flex is in white for the floors so staining shouldn't be a problem. Will just have to pick up a could backs of white SPF for walls.

Have a good christmas, will post pics just after!

couldnt remember if they did it in white or not...lol, its an excellent adhesive, bit on the pricey side though...

P

Peter

Would use a slow set SPF for both if you're not a tiler. The fast flex isn't the easiest to work with, especially with stone.

T

tweakyboy

I've done a fair bit of tiling before but its not my day job, plumber/heating engineer by day. Its on my place that I'm doing the work so I'm not over concerned about the adhesive being slightly pricey!

Thanks for the advice again. :thumbsup:

T

tweakyboy

Just a quick update -

Tray in
IMG_1558.jpg

Taping done -
IMG_1575.jpg

Tanking complete -
IMG_1580.jpg

IMG_1583.jpg

Will try and tile it on the 27th if I have any motivation!

T

tweakyboy

Just a update

2nd coat of tanking as it looked a bit thin -

IMG_1585.jpg

Tiling complete just needs grouting once adhesive has set -

IMG_1607.jpg

Bit of floor ready for ditra then tiling -

IMG_1606.jpg

T

tweakyboy

All complete, just got to do the floor now!

Picture really doesn't do the travertine justice.

IMG_1612.jpg

Thanks for the advice over the year guys, hope you have a wealthy new year :thumbsup:

T

tweakyboy

Hi guys, just a update. Completed tiling today, good old snow means it was a snow day so I could finish it off!

IMG_1677.jpg

IMG_1687.JPG

smaller.jpg

IMG_1729.jpg

Thanks for all the advice again :thumbsup:

Reply to BAL single part fast flex in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay