Search the forum,

Discuss BAL Quickset Render in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

grumpygrouter

Anybody used BAL Quickset Render? I have some lathe and plaster walls that have had some plasterboard insert put in but not level, and also some areas that are quite deep that I need to fill.

This seems to be the ideal stuff, anybody used it?

W

White Room

Personally I would not use on plasterboard grumpy unless you nail some expanded metal lathing for the render to hold on to allway's use bonding plaster shallow or deep filling, You could mix some finish with the bonding to give you a one coat finish, Just a matter of waiting for the plaster to dry or single part flexi which would stick to the plasterboard

G

grumpygrouter

Thanks whitebeam, was trying to get around the waiting time for plaster as the job is quite away form me. Was looking for a fast track turnaround. Thought about rapid set for most of it but some of the other (small) areas are quite deep, so the rapidset may crack.

W

White Room

I've also used the dry wall adhesive from wickes that sets quite fast and will stick to most surfaces and dos'nt seem to crack

F

floydyboy

Grab a bag of gypsum universal one coat, its great stuff and can be used on most backrounds is also great at filling in large deep patches :thumbsup:

Reply to BAL Quickset Render in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen