Search the forum,

Discuss Bal PTB in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
If BAL say its no good for walls, just pass that info on. They might say just add less water so it's a bit stiffer, only guessing though, that may affect the strength.
That was my first thought to be honest Bri. I'm with you on mixing it a bit stiffer. I can't understand his mate giving him this info, he did let slip he got it cheap so that's probably why he got it as well. I will ring BAL tomorrow, how would you handle telling him without losing out?

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
I am, you asked a question, I replied politely, started with a light hearted LOL and finished with mate, the info you needed was inside of that, you then got sarcastic with me ................... I'm confused, you read the bag and it says walls only, you know PTB stands for pourable thick bed yet you want to use it on a wall, and then you have a go at me ??
If you read my original post properly i don't want to use it at all, but i'm stuck being so far into the job with a customer listening to his mate at the shop and not me. I would sooner change it obviously. I just asked the question here wondering if anyone has done what i'm being asked to do with or without problems. I'm trying to get a solution to my problem without losing a load of money and work..

I

Ian

Just be honest and polite, worst case scenario, swap it for an addy of your choice and use the PTB on your next floor. I tend to find that most people appreciate the fact that you've researched your fixing materials etc. if BAL say no, surely he won't want to have his bathroom tiled with a product that might fail. I'm sure it won't fail, your problem will be getting it onto the wall! If you read the PDF, it says that after you have poured it, it needs to sit for 3 mins before troweling, if that's on a wall, I think most of it will be on the floor after 3 mins. Don't worry too much mate, wait and see what BAL say.

G

Gazzer

That was my first thought to be honest Bri. I'm with you on mixing it a bit stiffer. I can't understand his mate giving him this info, he did let slip he got it cheap so that's probably why he got it as well. I will ring BAL tomorrow, how would you handle telling him without losing out?

Print this off and ask him where it says for walls.
Broken Link Removed

Last edited by a moderator:
B

bugs183

Don't even try to use it for walls, it will slide and slump everywhere, i find it weird enough for floors, but on a wall it would be impossible. You can't even use it for coves.
You'll have to tell him to get another product or you will end up making a mess of everything you touch.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
like bri said, if hes going to kick up that much of a fuss just swap them for some decent stuff, knock it up in the back of the van and use the ptb on your next floor, hes none the wiser job gets done and its not costing any extra........

Reply to Bal PTB in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen