Search the forum,

Discuss bad marks on stone in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jonnyc

just started a new job with a mandarin stone 500x random .
cant remember the name .
Darren ( freeze) do you recognise this one.Ive been put on their recommended list for weybridge!!!
stone beautifully cut square and even thickness.
client received stone a month ago and brought in to house and stacked the tiles slightly offset on top each other so that they were easy to pick up.
when bringing stone in to area to be tiled can see that the parts of the tiles that were exposed to air and sunlight have changed colour.
this is clearly visible on photos.
any ideas about how to get rid of these marks or what causes them
having flagged them up i have been asked to fix regardless in the belief of client that what was hidden from light / air will change colour when exposed and fixed .
i ve thrown the whole innards of cleaners in my van and wont touch it 2014-04-18 12.30.07.jpg 2014-04-18 12.30.31.jpg 2014-04-18 12.29.38.jpg nd wont touch it

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jonnyc

the marks are just corners of stone that have been open to elements inside and daylight

O

One Day

I may be wrong (often am) but I thought this kind of staining was trapped moisture.
Have you left a stained piece in a warm enviro for 48hrs?

I've seen it on trav and it has vanished overnight indoors once they were unstacked.

C

Concrete guy

It looks like a light seam of Azul Valverde to me. In which case it will be pretty dense stuff for limestone.

It will probably be moisture differences causing the issue and it's unlikely you'd be able to "clean" it.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Has the property got underfloor heating? If the floor is drying it will deposit the moisture to anything absorbent.

C

Colour Republic

The stone has been dyed has it to make it more desirable? And now faded in sunlight? Not from china is it?

other than that probably is moisture

J

jonnyc

The stone has been dyed has it to make it more desirable? And now faded in sunlight? Not from china is it?

other than that probably is moisture
No not been dyed but interesting possibility.i have come across this with Paris ceramics in the past

J

jonnyc

It looks like a light seam of Azul Valverde to me. In which case it will be pretty dense stuff for limestone.

It will probably be moisture differences causing the issue and it's unlikely you'd be able to "clean" it.
Sorry don't understand

Reply to bad marks on stone in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen