Discuss Backing up your computer(s) and phone(s)?!?! in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a quick lesson you could learn from me.

I upgraded the operating software on my MacBook Pro that I use for work and a couple of days later it had crashed. Rebooted it and it couldn't find the operating software to even boot up. Long story short I had to reinstall the whole mac, turns out the last backup I had was 17th July. I've just finished getting about 90% of the software running on it again, and I've lost a shed load of photos, music, a vat return, christ knows how many invoices and receipts, and to be honest with you I don't know what else I've lost. It'll be a case of finding out when I come to need it.

So just wondering what you guys use to back up phones and computers? And if you wondering whether some of you don't even bother?

Somebody said to me once if you don't have three copies of something in the digital world, it doesn't exist.

I've now got the server taking copies of some stuff, the "time machine" (apple calls it that not me, it's a fancy external hard drive that does some other stuff too) and then the copy on the computer too. And I've reconfigured the time machine to make sure it backs up even when I'm on Wifi which seemed to be the problem with it not backing up regularly.

Pain in the back side is an understatement it's taken two days out of my week!!!!
Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
You need to pal. Well, if you have anything of importance on there anyway.

Even the browser remembering all my logins used to save me a few hours a week. Having to reset all those passwords now as they were all obscure different ones that I couldn't have even understand if I'd have written them down.

Reply to Backing up your computer(s) and phone(s)?!?! in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks