Currently reading:
Backer board for splashback

Discuss Backer board for splashback in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Turkish

Hi everyone,

Got a job coming up. Kitchen splashback. The surface is currently tiled but the customer is removing those. I`m not entirely sure yet but i think they want the larger type mosaic tiles put up. i`m guessing the wall will be a real mess when the old tiles come off so i was thinking of either skimming with rapid set if not too bad or, if in a real mess sticking up backer board? What is everyones opnion on this? I`m new and not used it yet! I`ve read some literature on hardiebacker and they say about leaving a small gap between boards and to fill this with the addy but then they say tape over joint as well?? What tape??

Hope you can help

Many Thanks

Turkish:grin:

Reply to Backer board for splashback in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm planning to tile my kitchen floor with 8mm porcelain floor tiles (660x440mm). My kitchen floor is...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.