Search the forum,

Discuss B&Q tiles....once again in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
:furious3: In the middle of doing a 14m2 bathroom, the customer has supplied the plain white 225x300 tiles, what a fu*&in nightmare...tiles vary in size big time, even out of the same box...if anyone tells me they have got their tiles from B&Q again I shall run faster than an olympain...Mark.

D

DHTiling

have used them as well and they are a nightmare to use..but a good grouting job will make them look ok...........

P

penno

Used some B and Q tiles last week, looked bloody awful. When finished and grouted though it looked really nice.

S

stiffcham

I used B&Q tiles last week, total nightmare the size varied:furious3: made the job a pain in the arse, Never again.

G

grumpygrouter

DId a bathroom recently with B&Q tiles - white 150mm square, made by Pilkingtons, they were fine!

Grumpy

T

tiler-101

BnQ bargains then cant beat them can you gloss white on a brown biscuit real professional gear :) Their black polished porcelain is really dark brown from good old China and white is cream colour through that should be interesting.

00ps did I say white sorry how did I get white from cream must ask BnQ how they magic that one

G

Grace'sDad

I just quoted for a job - the customer had a single 600x600 polished porcelain floor tile from B&Q and two sides were 599mm, the other two were 600.5mm. I explained the problems this would cause and "suggested" they buy something a little better from a good tile retailer. Their response was "yeah, but these are really cheap!"
- any wonder why?:mad2:

T

tiler-101

They are throughout the group I think at 11 quid a meter. remember to seal them and I personally wouldnt trust a grey adhesive with the white ones. In fact take a day off let someone else have the head ache ;)

G

grumpygrouter

I just quoted for a job - the customer had a single 600x600 polished porcelain floor tile from B&Q and two sides were 599mm, the other two were 600.5mm. I explained the problems this would cause and "suggested" they buy something a little better from a good tile retailer. Their response was "yeah, but these are really cheap!"
- any wonder why?:mad2:
Don't think those tolerances are too bad actually, way better than some Turkish porcelain tiles I fixed that a customer obtained form Topps in the summer. (Sorry Gaz, they were really crap!)

If the tiles measure roughly the same on two side just make sure you fit them all the same way up. Sometimes there is an arrow on the back indicating 1 particular direction.

Grumpy

J

Jimmy1710

Done two jobs in recent weeks with plain white B&Q tiles, they were bad, but last week started a job using some Turkish tiles from Tile Magic and the difference in size was both ways in some cases was almost 3 mm!!

Reply to B&Q tiles....once again in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen