Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss B&Q tiles....once again in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
:furious3: In the middle of doing a 14m2 bathroom, the customer has supplied the plain white 225x300 tiles, what a fu*&in nightmare...tiles vary in size big time, even out of the same box...if anyone tells me they have got their tiles from B&Q again I shall run faster than an olympain...Mark.

D

DHTiling

have used them as well and they are a nightmare to use..but a good grouting job will make them look ok...........

P

penno

Used some B and Q tiles last week, looked bloody awful. When finished and grouted though it looked really nice.

S

stiffcham

I used B&Q tiles last week, total nightmare the size varied:furious3: made the job a pain in the arse, Never again.

G

grumpygrouter

DId a bathroom recently with B&Q tiles - white 150mm square, made by Pilkingtons, they were fine!

Grumpy

T

tiler-101

BnQ bargains then cant beat them can you gloss white on a brown biscuit real professional gear :) Their black polished porcelain is really dark brown from good old China and white is cream colour through that should be interesting.

00ps did I say white sorry how did I get white from cream must ask BnQ how they magic that one

G

Grace'sDad

I just quoted for a job - the customer had a single 600x600 polished porcelain floor tile from B&Q and two sides were 599mm, the other two were 600.5mm. I explained the problems this would cause and "suggested" they buy something a little better from a good tile retailer. Their response was "yeah, but these are really cheap!"
- any wonder why?:mad2:

T

tiler-101

They are throughout the group I think at 11 quid a meter. remember to seal them and I personally wouldnt trust a grey adhesive with the white ones. In fact take a day off let someone else have the head ache ;)

G

grumpygrouter

I just quoted for a job - the customer had a single 600x600 polished porcelain floor tile from B&Q and two sides were 599mm, the other two were 600.5mm. I explained the problems this would cause and "suggested" they buy something a little better from a good tile retailer. Their response was "yeah, but these are really cheap!"
- any wonder why?:mad2:
Don't think those tolerances are too bad actually, way better than some Turkish porcelain tiles I fixed that a customer obtained form Topps in the summer. (Sorry Gaz, they were really crap!)

If the tiles measure roughly the same on two side just make sure you fit them all the same way up. Sometimes there is an arrow on the back indicating 1 particular direction.

Grumpy

J

Jimmy1710

Done two jobs in recent weeks with plain white B&Q tiles, they were bad, but last week started a job using some Turkish tiles from Tile Magic and the difference in size was both ways in some cases was almost 3 mm!!

T

tiler-101

DId a bathroom recently with B&Q tiles - white 150mm square, made by Pilkingtons, they were fine!

Grumpy

B n Q take a lot of their ceramic and their stone from Pilks, johnsons also in the mix. Its the Turkish, Spanish and bulk Chinese stuff they knock out at silly money. You have to realise these guys are part of the Castorama group so can buy stuff for pennies and make huge profits at £4.99 what rubs me up is they buy crap when they could buy ok tiles and still make the profit

Reaction score
Done two jobs in recent weeks with plain white B&Q tiles, they were bad, but last week started a job using some Turkish tiles from Tile Magic and the differen

Reply to B&Q tiles....once again in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.

There are similar tiling threads here

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks