Search the forum,

Discuss ATS blade, Grinder, in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stef

Alan from ATS sent me a new blade to try.
I've only had the chance to try it on ceramic tiles but have to test it on natural stone & quartz to see how it cuts.
On the ceramic it leaves a great cut, I've a slight bit of wobble in my grinder but I think this is the best blade I've used from ATS to date.
Will report back the more it gets tested.

image.png image.png image.png

O

Old Mod

I received one also, I've had it tested on 20mm Quartz, at 115mm might prove restrictive with Quartz because 20mm is about its limit.
However, this is the very first two cuts (2 on right) up against a 150mm segmented blade which is normally used for Quartz.
I had given it to a guy who fits Quartz on a daily basis, his initial impressions were good but was concerned that as it didn't have much width to the cutting blade, therefore he thought it may have problems clearing the debris.
image.jpeg

I'll try it on some limestone and Porcel-Thin tomorrow.

S

Stef

been trying it as well, so far only on porcelain.
the first half dozen cut were bloody terrible, but once it was worked in a bit it cut very well.
so far, yes, good blade
price....no idea
Julian I was the same, the 1st cut I stopped & took the grinder outside & ran it through a concrete block a few times, back in the house it was cutting great.
It removes debris very quickly form the cut.
I used it to cut Hardie today with a sponge at the back for dust & it worked well.

O

Old Mod

It's exactly the same as the trojan blade mentioned on the forum and I paid £16.99
There are many blades on the market now with that particular design.
I've paid as little as £5.99 for a 125mm which has given excellent results.
Incidentally, it has gone up to £12.99 now, so must have been popular.

Reply to ATS blade, Grinder, in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen