Search the forum,

Discuss ATS blade, Grinder, in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com.

C

Concrete guy

Thanks guys, no prices yet this is just at test stage, if it looks like it will perform well we'll get some in. It will be comparable to our turbo porcelain blades though, it's not going to be £40 or anything.

@3_fall we have some of these in 125mm to test if your quartz guy wants to run one. 125mm is a more common size for our masons for this blade. The factory also produce this in a 175mm size which is slightly odd, but nothing larger currently.

If anyone has some absurdly dense 20mm porcelain or Dekton or Lapitec please give it a try.

Any one else notice it needed bedding in as Julian mentioned?

C

Concrete guy

The trojan blade is exactly the same red colour which is a coincidence or they both buy them from the same manufacturer

It's quite possible it's from the same factory in China. Our guy out there sent it over to test to see if it's any good.

We can specify the colour, diamond quality and content but the design would remain unchanged.

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Screenshot_2016-09-13-21-04-41.png

C

Concrete guy

Julian I was the same, the 1st cut I stopped & took the grinder outside & ran it through a concrete block a few times, back in the house it was cutting great.
It removes debris very quickly form the cut.
I used it to cut Hardie today with a sponge at the back for dust & it worked well.

The technical name for running it in concrete block (or anything very abrasive for that matter) is "dressing" the blade. It's also a good tip for bring back to life blades that may appear worn or that have overheated.

It's wearing away some of the sintered metal bond and exposing new diamond, which then cuts much more efficently.

C

Concrete guy

I'd like a blade with that design on it to fit my sigma 10m and my dewalt d24000 what's the chance of that ?

Possibly, but the larger these get the more disproportionatley expensive they become. Then conversly the fewer we sell.

Having had a mooch through eBay I'm only finding these in 115mm or 125mm size.

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Well u have to pay for quality if u think of the price of of d24000 or a 10m it's not unreasonable to pay for a quality blade I think montolit make the DNA that fits big wet saws

S

Stef

The technical name for running it in concrete block (or anything very abrasive for that matter) is "dressing" the blade. It's also a good tip for bring back to life blades that may appear worn or that have overheated.

It's wearing away some of the sintered metal bond and exposing new diamond, which then cuts much more efficently.
I was doing brick slips a couple of weeks ago & need to dress my turbo blade again as its not cutting great.

Reply to ATS blade, Grinder, in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen