Search the forum,

Discuss Armeg?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

redlee

When using the marcrist bits i found them too easy to twist and distort on hard porcelain (7mm bit) because of the thinness of the neck, the dewalt diamond bit was similar in price but more sturdy and longer lasting.

A

Arthur@Reidheat

The bits we have are blue in colour & have a threaded hole to fit an arbor through which water is pumped. There is another version of the Marchrist bit which is a hollow tube - we thought that these may not last & so we shelled out about £300 for this set.
We have tried various 'tube type' drill bits but they do not seem to last for us, generally someone forgets to put enough water with them.
As I say we have had this set since about November & at the time of writing all seem to be ok

Tradetiler Tile Marcrist PG850 Porcelain tile drilling system

Regards

Arthur@Reidheat

R

redlee

Yep they're much better spec'd than the ones i've used in the past, should hope they last a decent amount of time at that price. As you say the water is crucial i normally use a plant sprayer type as it gets the water right in the hole.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Remember that with the 365Drills you can bill the drills to the customer, per job. Though I hear what you're saying if you need to drill hundreds on a big job, perhaps 5 365drills on the invoice would look a bit suss'.

D

Deleted member 1779

Dont get me started with Armeg....

One of their sales guys came on stand as we were demonstrating our kit to young plumbers and was complaining about us price comparing.

My view is this. Sainsburrys and Tesco price compare with each other. Its OK to price compare / product compare.

In our case what we have been saying is that their short life pilot drill (price £29+) from a certain small sized catalogue is

A) not necessary
B) expensive for a carbide drill

]Their response was that they had launched the 1000 hole diamond pilot drill.
Our response is still that you dont need a pilot drill whatever number of holes it does.

The long and short of this is that at 365DRILLS we provide you guys with
FANTASTIC VALUE FOR MONEY

kit2.jpg

A TOTAL BATHROOM SOLUTION FOR £49.99
YOU CAN THROW IT ONTO THE COST OF THE JOB
AND THROW THE WHOLE THING AWAY AT THE END

3101_74795112013_617362013_1742493_1760466_n.jpg

And dont forget that if you are in the trade and you PM us then you get the special discount code FOR EVEN GREATER CREDIT CRUNCH SAVINGS

WE GIVE DISCOUNT TO TRADE - SO ITS EVEN CHEAPER THAN £49.99:

Just ask

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Daveyboy

I know they're expensive but I have to say that the Armeg hole cutters are very good and last a long time...

Their pilot drill bits are useless though as already mentioed and burn out too quick, so I use a standard 8mm pointed tile drill bit to make the hole. I tried using the 8mm diamond core drill bits but found they just slipped across the face of the tile, scratching it before I could get them to bite/drill into the tile.

When my Armeg set give up the ghost, I will try one of 365s...:thumbsup:

F

Fred

I get my cutters from a bloke on e-bay in Hong Kong. You get 10 for pennies, so they don't last long, but do the job for nothing. Got the Genesis kit as well, its ok.

Reply to Armeg?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen