Search the forum,

Discuss Aqua panel onto floorboards in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Sualg

Hi All,

its my first post and i could do with a bit of advice please. laying a bathroom floor. i have just put down the 18mm floorboards, next is the aquapanel floor board. Do i need to prime the floorboards before applying the tile adhesive to then put the aquapanel on top?

Reaction score
Is this the Knauf aquapanel 6mm? Im guessing so - if thats the case its very similar to Hardie Backer at 6mm thick but I have found it a bit brittle so be careful when moving it around. Make sure you screw the chipboard down well at 200mm intervals and then glue and screw the aquapanel on in similar fashion. It should be fine to use a flexible adhesive straight on to the chipboard using a 6mm float at an angle as you dont want the adhesive too thick. Lay the board at opposite angles to the chipboard.

Reply to Aqua panel onto floorboards in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen