Search the forum,

Discuss Apprentice Tiler in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

Unregistered

I am a 18 year old apprentice tiler, and i have been working with my boss for about a year now. I get paid £20 a day and we usually work 5 days a week. All my family and friends seem to think i'm being "exploited" so once i've told you what i can do etc i'd appreciate it if you could tell me how much you think i'd be worth! I'll try to be as honest as i can.

I can tile most walls to a good standard, the only thing i really struggle with now is around windows!
I reckon if me and my boss had exactly the same wall to do, i'd have done just over half by the time he'd finished his wall, to more or less the same standard.
I can use all of the different cutters as well as he can.
I take about the same time to grout as he does.
I know the principles of undertile heating but couldnt do it without help.
He'll fairly often, if theres a small W/C to do downstairs and a bigger bathroom upstairs, leave me to do the small one while he goes upstairs.
I know how to do any type of cut.

Just for example if he earned £150 in a day, what should i get?
I know it might depend on the job but give me a rough idea!

Thanks,
Charlie.

D

DHTiling

Hi charlie. we do not discuss prices in the public sections of the forums...

If you would like to join ( it's FREE ) then we might be able to give you more advice...

Reply to Apprentice Tiler in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen