Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Anybody still use Mapei?? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

OP
Andy Allen

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Sorry to say , but I'm not to keen on mapei https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ or grout.

O

One Day

Only Mapelastic smart (which is a brilliant waterproofing system by the way!), and a lot of kerapoxy which I still prefer to anything from Kerakoll.

D

Dumbo

TBH I must be useless I find the consistency changes at the slightest drop of water near it . Hard to wash of textured tiles , easy to wash out of the joints . But I am considering using kerapoxy on wet room floors

B

Blunt Tool

A857AB5F-3366-4465-AD0F-7806BBC7C8DF.jpeg

M

MTiler

TBH I must be useless I find the consistency changes at the slightest drop of water near it . Hard to wash of textured tiles , easy to wash out of the joints . But I am considering using kerapoxy on wet room floors
Use Kerakolls Fugalite, its much nicer and easier to use.

Stefan

TF
Reaction score
The company I work for sells Mapei LFT for thinset. I use the rapid setting mortar as well. As well as their crack isolation membrane. They work great. The beef I have with Mapei is their grout. The colors know how to be inconsistent and unfortunately the company I work for also sells the rapid setting grout. It dries way too fast, I don't know anyone who can mix an entire bag and grout without it drying up in the bucket halfway through. This also creates consistency issues with the color of the grout. I've found a way around this. I shake up the bag before I even mix it. Then I mix half a bag and just grout pretty quickly. Repeat process. The fast drying isn't all bad because you can do trim and move furniture back without worrying about stepping on the grout lines. It has it's pros and cons.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Use their ucp and silicone. Their eco plan slc is excellent when spec allows. Anti frac membranes. That’s about it.

Reply to Anybody still use Mapei?? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock