Search the forum,

Discuss Anybody Had A Customer "peg It" Before Invoicing? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dougs Third Go

Had one or two customers that have died shortly afterwards, thankfully invoice has always been paid pre-mortem, but just wondering what would happen if they'd pegged it before work had been paid for...

I

Italy

I will, last year, has not seen the finished work .... (poor man).
to have 59 years.
he paid his wife to me. :(

Reaction score
I had a customer die just prior to final payment for the job. I built a new house for this old boy and he moved in and all was good - two weeks later had a last meeting with the architect to finalise the bill and the poor old chap was dead on the floor.

We'd rung the bell but couldn't get an answer so sat in the motor chatting, minutes later there was a frantic bashing on the window from the cleaner who had let herself in and found him face down.

Poor old sod only got to enjoy his new place for just two weeks.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I had one , a few years ago.
Poor chap had a heart attack! Took about 6 months to get paid from the estate.

L

LM

I've just done a major refit on a bar, £40k's worth, builder was rushed into hospital 3 weeks into an 8 week project. I know the man personally and done the work in good faith, he's still not good and the job is complete. To say I'm cramping myself is an understatement and I feel guilty as hell worrying about money when the man is fighting for his life. He's one of the best customers I've ever had, always pays the very moment I hand him an invoice. For him, his family I hope he makes it.
It's strange that I read this post just at this time!

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Had one one not long after I started on my own. I used to give 10 working days for payment, I knew the guy was poorly but didn't think he was close to meeting his maker when I was there. When I rang about payment the wife told me he had died. I felt awful and just said pay once you have had the funeral as it's the least of your worries and she was fine about it and sent a cheque as I'd asked.

L

LM

When I'm liking posts on this topic I'm very aware of the sensitivity of it all, I want to approve of a post maybe, but I don't mean to demean anything by liking it if you get what I'm saying

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
When I'm liking posts on this topic I'm very aware of the sensitivity of it all, I want to approve of a post maybe, but I don't mean to demean anything by liking it if you get what I'm saying

Don't worry, the person who it's about won't get to read it :babyangel::cloud:

Reply to Anybody Had A Customer "peg It" Before Invoicing? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen