Discuss Another bad job??? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

Deleted member 53850

Hope to gauge the reaction from pro tilers on here, as the guy I’ve employed to do my kitchen floor thinks he’s doing a great job.
The gap on the wall on is 30mm btw, don’t know what size of skirting he thinks I’m putting on.
Would anyone here not use spacers?
Opinions welcome before he comes round tomorrow to tell me how well he’s doing.
75DC924C-1237-41E8-9B40-DD48F676D646.jpeg
E841D399-AE32-47F0-9BDC-F7B1B03FBAAC.jpeg
E30C2939-67E4-48CA-8CFC-8D429EB3E064.jpeg
629103B9-C7AF-4256-AB21-9F9AECD972B7.jpeg

D

Deleted member 53850

These are the tiles. Slightly more awkward than a square one but still easy enough and no reason not to use spacers edge on
6C2D0696-8100-4BF7-ABBC-64568BB4FCAE.jpeg
E47E5CDC-E88D-4991-83BC-E371DE206477.jpeg

eddcottee

Arms
Reaction score
Would they not also have looked better all laid with the pattern facing the same way? It looks like each tile is the same, although it's a little hard to tell. Is each tile not the same?

Reaction score
I agree.....Would they have not looked better laid in same direction, or did you want a very random pattern?
Why the awkward cuts too, surely there was no need to be piecing little triangular cuts like that, it looks pants!! It's like the tile was cut wrong to start with and then patched in with a random piece!
Even the edge by the base units legs could have been cut with better alignment to the plinth run too!
As for the 30mm gap, that's a mickey take!
Spacers defo would have been better, at least you would have had more even joint spacings!

T

Time's Ran Out

Looking at those tiles I don’t think a spacer is the issue!
They just look very poor quality with uneven edges and to match the in tile joint almost impossible. One of those occasions when it may look better grouted!
Other issues may need further comments.

D

Deleted member 53850

Would they not also have looked better all laid with the pattern facing the same way? It looks like each tile is the same, although it's a little hard to tell. Is each tile not the same?
No they are all random
[automerge]1585676717[/automerge]
Looking at those tiles I don’t think a spacer is the issue!
They just look very poor quality with uneven edges and to match the in tile joint almost impossible. One of those occasions when it may look better grouted!
Other issues may need further comments.
No, the edges aren't uneven. Have now been laid properly with spacers and it looks great. hard to tell what is in tile and what is grout.

Reply to Another bad job??? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks