Search the forum,

Discuss Anhyfix fail on ditra matting in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dumbo

I thought you were looking for a minimum 75% rh for tiling and i have a feeling that somebody who should know ( i think it might of been @Ajax123 ) said there was no evidence to support that by removing latence you decreased drying times

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I thought you were looking for a minimum 75% rh for tiling and i have a feeling that somebody who should know ( i think it might of been @Ajax123 ) said there was no evidence to support that by removing latence you decreased drying times
Correct on both counts

Chris Gibbs

TF
Arms
Reaction score
The first 6 digits of the batch number relate to the date manufactured and the last 2 digits are the batch that day. We keep a retained sample of all the batches we produce for six months so if anyone thinks there is an issue we can retest the retained sample. If anyone does feel that they have an issue with a product we take it has our duty to do a full specification test if you can give us the batch number. I was part of the team that tested Anhyfix with the de-coupling membranes and it came out top from all the adhesives we tested it with, and like Mark said it gained its bond over a couple of days.
The bags have been burned on the fire so no way of finding out the batch numbers, although I did manage to take some photos of the problem mix against a good mix... the bad was really crumbly, weak and dull in colour against the good mix

IMG_2089.JPG IMG_2090.JPG

L

Lodger

I think it's that kind of subfloor that people have different methods of prepping the floor.
Everyone seems to raise an eyebrow when anhydride subfloor is mentioned.
For me it's just an educated observation regarding the laytance. If you were to seal the pores of any screed holding any moisture within, then it's going to take a long time for the moisture to escape. The Laytence on anhydride screed, imho is blocked pores.

L

Lodger

This is a quote from Bal's guide for tiling on anhydride screed

Laitance is a weak layer of fine particles deposited on the surface of the screed as the anhydrite cures. This layer is too weak to tile onto and can also inhibit drying of the screed. Many of the failures we see are as a result of contamination of the adhesive by laitance – highlighting the importance of carrying out this step.

They do also state 75% relative humidity, but Fball say it ok at 85% using their product.

D

Dumbo

@Ajax123 is an expert in this field as I believe he is a tech guy at a gypsum screed manufacturer therefore probably spent more time playing with these screeds than ball and bal put together . Also I haven't seen you quote anything about improved drying times apart from your own opinion . I have never fixed ceramic , porcelain or stone tiles using f.ball tile adhesives , have you ? As regards your other post maybe the floor is shiny because of the primer he has used .

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
The ball advice is old advice. Newer information independentlybtested tells usnthag actually the licence does not significantly affect drying especially when force drying with underfloor heating.

I guess it it were blocked pores we could get some clearasil on it...

Reply to Anhyfix fail on ditra matting in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen