Search the forum,

Discuss Anhydrite screed & Laitance removal in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Yes, but not me personally. I know it needs to be primed & ideally use a gypsum-based adhesive. The other half of the floor will be engineered wood.
It depends on timescales. There is a new system about to be launched which will allow tiling to commenced on Gypsol Anhydrite screeds after just 7 days and with a moisture content up to 95%rh. Should be available after 1st July.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
So what would you recommend Ajax? Also been doing hygrometer box RH tests
Hygrometer is ok. Carbide bomb Is most accurate.

What sort of temperatures have you run the underfloor heating.

Independent tests tell us that if force drying with underfloor heating the presence of laitance does not interfere with drying times.

O

One Day

I wish MY customers took an interest in moisture readings and sanding screed! It's always left to me to raise the issue, convince the client and take the readings and usually sand the screed!

H

Holster

It's been at 55 degrees. I'll be honest, it's the engineered wood I'm more concerned about going down too early. If that ends up lifting it's mega bucks.

H

Holster

Ajax, I did read that too, but it does depend on the thickness of the laitance... ours was seriously difficult to remove (and it's all I have to hold on to right now to get the moisture levels down). The difference in the two textures (unsanded vs sanded) is staggering.

5.2 The effect of removing laitance. In the areas tested no effect on drying times was apparent whether the laitance was removed or not. It is acknowledged, however, that this tested a screed produced with a single sand source and different screeds may produce differing thickness and densities of laitance.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I will have a word with one of my contacts. He has a special disk that cuts the laitance off quite quickly. I can't remember what it's called though. I'll be back...

S

Spacey

Wolf samba/wirrble or wolf mamba with ninja disc and PCD grinding bits works a treat no matter how long the laintence has been left.

Reply to Anhydrite screed & Laitance removal in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen