Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Amtico signature floor flood damage — independant expert advice needed in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

U

Unregistered

I have Amtico signature floor in a downstairs room. The Amtico is laid on a solid concrete floor. The floor was professionally prepared and laid. The result was stunning.
Two weeks after the floor was laid a pipe burst in the ceiling and the room was seriously flooded.
The floor was wet for about and hour. The excess water was mopped up and the floor dried.
The plumber accepted liabilty.
After a month the floor bubbled by the doorway. The tiles were lifted in the affected area. The latex had broken up. This was replaced and new tiles laid. After another month a similar thing happened in another part of the room. This was repaired again and everything seemed ok. A further bump has now appeared in a totally different place and I fear the same problem.
The plumber has paid for all remedial works to date.
Carrying on with piece meal repairs is not going to be a satisfactory option in my opinion but I'm not an expert. Neither is the plumber.
I would be grateful to receive the guidance of forum professionals regarding where eg a trade association where I can get an independant assessment of the situation about what is acceptable and what should be done.
I presume that I'm now going to have deal with the plumber's public indemnity insurers and wonder if I should employ a loss adjuster to ensure that my floor is put back into the state it was before the flood.
Your help and guidance will be much appreciated
Many thanks

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Re: Amtico signature floor flood damage — independant expert advice ne

I've approved your post, please feel free to signup to the forum for free so that you get notifications of replies.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Re: Amtico signature floor flood damage — independant expert advice ne

It may be coincidence that the floor flooded and the bubbles appeared. There are other things that can cause damp in the floor especially if a floor covering is in place. If your plumber has footed the bill so far I would suggest you don't push it too hard personally because if he began to dig his heels in you may not get any more free repairs. If you can talk him into replacing the lot then good luck.

Reply to Amtico signature floor flood damage — independant expert advice needed in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks