Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Amtico Floor Restoration (Hopefully) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

E

eitreb

I am writing this on behalf of my grandparents,

They had an amtico floor fitted in 1990 and the joints have faded considerably. The have used the proper floor cleaners and followed all the maufacturer's guidlelines. However as you will be able to see from the attached photographs there is a noticeable difference.

My grandfather and I believe it just to be wear and dirt however my grandma is unsure.

If anyone can help us with a method to return the floor to it's existing look we would be most grateful for anyones help and advice across any of this.

Many thanks

Paul

Attachments

• SDC10052a.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 30
  • SDC10053a.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 30
D

david campbell

is this onto a concrete floor by any chance?
as i'm just about to tile a customers conseratory due to this happening,she has it in her kitchen also(laid ont floor boards)and there has never been a problem but on the concrete floor she has had amtico visiting and repairing on a annual basis,so has finally decided to lft it,due to the fact amtico themselves can't come to a conclusion what is causing this!

E

eitreb

It is on a concrete floor with screed, however the flooring isn't broken, it's the discolouration that is our problem.

T

theyomper

Having recently lifted the same floor but different colour. But from memory that was about the same age as yours and showed the same discolouration, more so in the traffic areas. I would put it down to wear.

C

Colour Republic

It is on a concrete floor with screed, however the flooring isn't broken, it's the discolouration that is our problem.

Is the whole floor like this? or is it in the original condition underneath furniture?

Reply to Amtico Floor Restoration (Hopefully) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks