Discuss amazing montolit dna tile cutting blade in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jonnyc

Montolit DNA Blade

Just laid approx 200 sq mts 15mm thick black double layered porcelain 1000x 1000mm.
Used a variety of blades to cut inc macist porcelain blade, but all of these made hard work work cutting and chipped cut edge to certain degrees.

Have now just tried out the montolit dna blade and it just unbelievable.
virtually no visible chips, cuts twice as fast.
I was even able to cut a 1000mm long strip only 4mm thick without breaking.
it is more expensive than usual good quality blades but apparently lasts a lot longer.

I have 150 lin mts skirtings to cut monday and will let you know how much wear and how long it took.
Dave at Tradetiler sourced this for me and I believe he is going to stock this.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

David - Tradetiler

Thanks Jonny,

We have been testing them and have also been amazed

Just getting them up on the web site.

will post the link as soon as they are on

G

Gazzer

Nice one David :thumbsup: Any news on more Montolit machines becoming available....the Sigma is starting to need a refurb :lol:

D

David - Tradetiler

we have just a few pallets into stock

more 24's & 63-P2's

some 43's, 75-P2's 125-P2's

DNA blades in 180, 200, 230, 250, 300mm

some electric machines lasers etc

just put diamond pads on

D

David - Tradetiler

OK use the coupon code 'DNA5' to get a 5% discount on any DNA blades

NO don't bother trying DNA10 or DNA20... etc they won't work

J

jonnyc

alan
i did not need to cut a 4mm strip 1000mm long for the job.
i simply did it to see how well the blade cut.
try it yourself with any blade and any tile and you will know how good this blade is.
the cut through depth of tile was so good , i would not even have to polish it even if it was the top edge of a skirting tile i wished to make.

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
alan
i did not need to cut a 4mm strip 1000mm long for the job.
i simply did it to see how well the blade cut.
try it yourself with any blade and any tile and you will know how good this blade is.
the cut through depth of tile was so good , i would not even have to polish it even if it was the top edge of a skirting tile i wished to make.

I did wonder, sounds like a winner in my book :thumbsup:

G

Gazzer

Well if Trade tiler want to send me one for the Dewalt i will do a comparison between standard Dewalt. Rubi CPC and the DNA wheel......all for the good of the forum you understand :smilewinkgrin::smilewinkgrin:

Reply to amazing montolit dna tile cutting blade in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22