Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Ads showing for Subscribed Members in the Struggling With The Forum? - Ask for Help Here area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

Just Rizzle

keep getting one for a bloody creshe ill be out ofhere ifi see it again hate pop ups
[automerge]1572295636[/automerge]
google hitting on us im out of here

Upvote 0
T

Time's Ran Out

E584A73F-E056-4FF6-B21A-05546C336B91.png E584A73F-E056-4FF6-B21A-05546C336B91.png

Upvote 0

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
keep getting pop ups when trying to read a thread , it's very off putting and one of the reasons I don't come on here much anymore..

Upvote 0
J

J Sid

keep getting pop ups when trying to read a thread , it's very off putting and one of the reasons I don't come on here much anymore..
Imagine how us who have paid for NO ADVERTISING feel @Andy Allen to have this all the time and @Dan totally ignoring requests for the reason why 😭 His been on and posted in other threads so must know he has unhappy members

Upvote 0

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm here. :)

Apologies. Google have now switched over their ad serving platform (AdSense) to ALL automatic ads. This is to help people who don't have a clue about code, so they automatically get put in places around their websites for them. No coding knowledge needed.

So now, rather than me having to put ad code in places myself manually (which is what I want to do) I have to tell google where to NOT put ads.

So they keep updating things as they're tweaking this new service of theirs, and it's screwing up my coding. So I have to clock where the ad is being shown, then add some code that stops it for those who have either posted 150 times, are arms members, or are subscribed members. The three types of user that don't (shouldn't) see ads.

I'm never ignoring you when you PM me. It's on my list.

I work 9-5 monday to friday. So jobs like this go on my job lists for those days and times.

When I'm on the forums outside of those times, I'm not here working, I'm just checking there are no problems and doing some moderating. And the odd time, just installing something I'm playing with. I've even been working on a Christmas Theme which we will be using too. So that's all stuff outside of work.

Don't get cocky. You don't own me when you pay me a fiver lol - Let's be clear. You support the forum, not me, when you do that. Your money is appreciated and I do spend it on add-ons for the rest of the forum members etc. But you don't get to wake me up at ungodly hours (happened on sparky forum) or instruct me to do a single thing outside of work hours. And only during work, I'll stick it on a list, I'm not changing my whole schedule for a guy who pays a fiver.

I'm not sticking ads anywhere for money money money either. It doesn't work like that. Every single tiler on here earns more money than I do. Trust me. :)

I'm working on the ads now though, as it's a weekday, and I'm back from the dentists. :D

Upvote 0

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Arms members don't see Google ads. So always let me know if you see one and I'll trace it and remove it for you.

As for the other reasons, if you keep them to yourself I can't fix them. :D

Upvote 0

Reply to Ads showing for Subscribed Members in the Struggling With The Forum? - Ask for Help Here area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks