Search the forum,

Discuss addy mixer in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

curlycan

Just been looking at lidl web site and noticed they will be selling a paint/addy/plaster mixer for just £39.99. If your a newbie then this may be a good buy to get you started. I have bought tools from Aldi before and they have been very good quality for a good price, but not bought from lidl before but have read that their tools are of good quality aswell and at £39.99 even if it lasts a year it would be a good buy. What are your thoughts.

D

diamondtiling

Tools from aldi and lidl? Never been in one so cant really comment on them.

I use a proper tool supplier as you have much more backup in case something goes wrong. A 110v mixer packed up for some reason and I had a replacement the next day. That was over 12 years ago and its still going strong, not cheap at £400 but powerful and dependable.

I very much doubt that these shops sell tools designed for heavy everyday use?

R

redlee

Looks a good buy for under £40, 1400 watt and a 3 year warranty. If i remember i'm going to pop in and have a look at one.

T

Time's Ran Out

Had 2 mixers in approx 12 years and only replaced first one when it got pinched!
Both Rubi and now they are only about £100 now through major tile suppliers.
Like the cheap wet cutters they serve a purpose for a particular market but for everyday use between pension day, bingo and holidays its worth getting a good one.:lol:

S

Stewart

I've had my dewalt mixer for over 5 years and paid under £200 for it, but at £40 it's almost disposable and if it doesn't need to be used every day then could be a cheap alternative....

I

Ian

I've never bought a non-branded tool and they have always lasted at least 3 years. At 40 quid it's got to be worth a go surely? My grandad gave me a chop saw that he got from Aldi and I've only used it a couple of times (don't do much woodwork!) and in fairness it's not bad, I think the make is Parkside.

G

Gall.B

The tools from Aldi Lidl are normally good buys and German stuff to, need to be quick tho cos the tools normally fly of the shelves, think im going to get one for private jobs.

W

White Room

I find these tools are ok for mixing a bit of adhesive, you try mixing dry wall adhesive and plaster they won't last that long.

Reply to addy mixer in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen