Search the forum,

Discuss Acquiring NVQ level 2 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tfs

Anyone know what would be involved in gaining NVQ level 2 Wall and Floor Tiling if I already hold half the units?

Dont know if I can sit just a few at college or whether it would need to be through training centre. I have been thinking of trying to gain the additional units but dont know how much time, work and costs are invloved.

Any of you guys been in this position or know how to proceed?

M

Max@ableskills

If you have more than 5 years checkable evidence within the industry you would be eligable for the EWPA route (experienced worker practical assessment). Another option for you is the OSAT (on site assessor training)route. My advice to you is to find your nearest centre that offers this route and take with you any evidence you have with you as this proves APL (accredited prior learning).

We offer this service but are probably just a touch to far from you lol.

good luck

T

tfs

Im thinkin the OSAT option may be best for me (depening on cost)

I have some pics of previous work and could get refferences etc. Max, do you know if the accredited units I already have will reduce the amount of onsite assesment I will need to do and help complete the process a bit quicker?

B

Brinkley

tfs i went down the ewpa route had a meeting with a couple of tests paid 62.50 and within 3 months i got the qualification .
what you need is 5 years experience with evidence of photos etc toshow .
and you need to find a place / college that is funded i went to chase tiling academy hope this helps

S

surflaur

I called my local college last week asking exactly this same question. The guy I spoke to said I need 5 years prior experience of tiling and was not sure if he could help me out or not. He is going to get back to me this week though. I will let you know how I get on tfs

D

DHTiling

Your evidence pics must also include you in the photo's to show you doing what ever application you are doing...

T

tfs

I have a few pics with me in them but will make a point of taking more pics and also try and get some with me in them so that if I do go forward with this that I have some evidence. I think it would probs be best to start taking step by step type pics e.g. before, rip out, prep, setting out, fixing and finnishing.

It is my understanding that these guys come out to assess anyway but the more I can do to speed up the process the better.

M

Mike

i had to take pics of everything, customers house(outside) tile cutters, dust sheets, p.p.e. everything basically and yes dave, you must be in some of the pics too. my assessor sent me a list of all the photos as he was unable to attend on site

Last edited by a moderator:
T

tfs

Actualy looks like I was only one unit missing, I have the following SVQ Level 2 units.

DX9H 04 Conform to efficient work practices
CDX9J 04 onform to general workplace safety
DY4A 04 move and handle resources
DY9E 04 tile wall and floor surfaces

I missed out on
DY76 04 Prepare backgrounds for tiling

Missed out on this as I didnt attend college for the last month due to work commitments. I have pics of most of the work that I did at college for this unit e.g dot and bad, sand and cement screed etc.

I contacted Construction skills and Im waiting to hear back but, I think I may need to gain my qualification through On Site Assesment & Training. I think this takes a few months die to site visits etc. As suggested I will prepare a portfolio detailing pics of me completing each task from start to finnish (with me in the pics whenever possible), I will get some refferences from previous employers and customers etc. I will show the Units that I have completed via college also and hopefully be NVQ or SVQ qualified by the summer.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Max@ableskills

Actualy looks like I was only one unit missing, I have the following SVQ Level 2 units.

DX9H 04 Conform to efficient work practices
CDX9J 04 onform to general workplace safety
DY4A 04 move and handle resources
DY9E 04 tile wall and floor surfaces

I missed out on
DY76 04 Prepare backgrounds for tiling

Missed out on this as I didnt attend college for the last month due to work commitments. I have pics of most of the work that I did at college for this unit e.g dot and bad, sand and cement screed etc.

I contacted Construction skills and Im waiting to hear back but, I think I may need to gain my qualification through On Site Assesment & Training. I think this takes a few months die to site visits etc. As suggested I will prepare a portfolio detailing pics of me completing each task from start to finnish (with me in the pics whenever possible), I will get some refferences from previous employers and customers etc. I will show the Units that I have completed via college also and hopefully be NVQ or SVQ qualified by the summer.

Looks like you need to arrange OSAT, on site assessment training. As you already have four of the five units to complete the award the four you have already should qualify for APL (accredited prior learning). You should be able to complete the SVQ very quickly. good luck

Reply to Acquiring NVQ level 2 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen